Chak-chak - Tatar national dish. According to legend, the dish has its roots in the Volga Bulgaria. Sweet treat "chak-chak" is made from traditional products - flour, eggs, butter and honey.
Chuck - Chuck constant attribute Tatar weddings. Art cooking chak-chak came to us from the Bulgarian times.
Legend has it that once Bulgaria Khan has decided to marry his only son and wanted to at the wedding table stood a new treat:
- That it surprised all the simplicity of preparation, so as long as not to spoil and not lost to their taste.
- To make this dish was very nutritious, and war could eat it from the saddle.
- And the most important condition - that this dish could decorate any celebration as a symbol and personification of all the people of the Great Bulgaria.
- And do not be ashamed to have it not only bring to the table the best guests, but also as a Hotel to send to distant lands.
- And so there beyond the seas, having tried this dish, everyone wanted to look at the Great Bulgaria!
Long tried to master the culinary arts, chefs and ordinary residents of the Khanate. Many interesting and tasty dishes tried Khan and of the great variety of dishes he chose the one that is ideal for all requirements - chak-chak made from flour, eggs and honey wife of one shepherd. And at the wedding of his only son Khan gave the newlyweds a magnificent chak-chak. And at the same time wanted to live adhering to each other as honey anointed the chak-chak to children they had as much as peas in the Chuck-Chuck that they lived in gold, and their life was just up the hill to the speech for each other they always had just sweet. That they kept with his family and his people like this assembled into a pile chak-chak. Since then, Tatar weddings, as the most expensive meals and table decorations teaches young chak-chak.